Saturday, November 22, 2008

International Reach

I've got to tell you how excited I was when I opened this email from Meredith Randall. She is competing for the U.S. Women's National Indoor Field Hockey Team. Meredith has been training for the last 6 months at Attain, making an incredible comeback after having a baby. Her efforts have been paying off big-time!

"Hi Steve -

Hopefully you're checking the scores.
www.panamhockey.org www.usafieldhockey.com

We finished top in pool play and we advance to the semifinals tomorrow vs. Peru. I was also named as one of the captains to our team which is also exciting. I've had 2 diving goal line saves, and the strength training had paid off--I even put two girls over my shoulder on a tackle. We only beat Argentina 1-0 and it was a very physical game. Hopefully all is well with you. Make sure you're cheering even in the U.S. Say hi to all the guys at the gym and I'll be back soon - Meredith "

All the best to Meredith and the U.S. Indoor Field Hockey Team!

No comments: